Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination… This year’s Met Gala theme was an interesting one, one that can result in stunning costumes or total chaos on the red carpet. It’s always fun to see how different celebrities interpret a given theme because some will invariably ignore it, while others will go above and beyond to grab attention. Being a costume gala, the event can be quite forgiving. It’s a night of risks, hits and total misses, and I really admire the courage of those who chose to?“go big or go home”.
Of course, fashion is such a subjective thing. We all like and appreciate different aspects of it – the color, the shape and texture, the accessories… Sometimes, a celebrity can pull-off a look that would feel?inappropriate and silly on someone else. I find it so hard to separate the dress from the person wearing it!?That being said, this year I’m torn between loving sweet, angelic outfits that are at the same time on-theme and lady-like, and the bolder/ medieval-inspired costumes of Blake Lively and Priyanka Chopra (all gorgeous ladies with flawless style, no matter what). Here are my picks for best dressed this year at the Met:
1. Kate Bosworth in Oscar de la Renta
2. Lauren Santo Domingo in Calvin Klein by Appointment
3. Anne Hathaway in Valentino?
4. Anna Wintour in Chanel?
5. Hikari Mori in Prabal Gurung?
6. Bee Shaffer in Valentino?
7. Kate Moss in Saint Lauren by Anthony Vaccarello?
8. Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton
9. Blake Lively in Versace
10. Gigi Hadid in Atelier Versace
11. Priyanka Chopra in Ralph Lauren?
What do YOU think??Who was your favorite?
Anyway, I’m off for the day. I’m taking my mom to brunch and antiquing!!! Eeek!!!